What can I expect if I need to visit the hospital?
COVID-19 VISITOR RESTRICTIONS – EFFECTIVE 4/30/2021
West Feliciana Hospital is committed to protecting our patients and staff. In an effort to decrease the spread of infection West Feliciana Hospital has implemented the following in accordance with a mandate issued by the Louisiana Department of Health.
All visitors must pass the screening prior to entering the facility and MUST wear a mask at all times inside the facility.
- COVID Positive and Suspected COVID Positive —- NO Visitors
- Non-COVID Skilled, Acute, Observation, and Hospice —- Only 2 visitors at a time in the patient’s room only.
- Each COVID Positive and Suspected COVID Positive inpatient will be asked to designate one person as a primary contact and sign a medical records release authorizing West Feliciana Hospital to provide updates of our care to that person. The UR nurse and/or Social Worker will contact this person daily Monday-Friday by 4:30pm to give an update of the patient’s condition. The on-duty nursing staff will contact this person on Saturday and Sunday. This primary contact will also be provided with instructions on how to call the patient’s room (225-635-3811) then extension is 8 followed by the room number). They will also be given the Inpatient Nurses’ Station direct phone number 225-635-2433 in the event that the patient is unable/unavailable to answer the phone in their room.
- Every patient will be placed in a mask upon entering the building.
- If a patient needs a wheelchair, the front door screener will notify the ER nurses via radio for assistance. A mask should be placed on any patient before assisting them into a wheelchair.
- ER patients will be allowed 1 visitor in the room ONLY
- Visitors will be required to wear a facemask over the mouth & nose at ALL TIMES while inside the facility.
- Outpatients will NOT be allowed visitors unless they meet the following exceptions, in which case ONE visitor over the age of 18 will be allowed in the ER or outpatient area:
- Cognitively impaired adults
- Visitors who are allowed based on these exceptions will be screened for fever >99.9 and/or symptoms of COVID-19 before entering the facility. If the visitor has fever and/or symptoms of COVID-19, they will not be allowed to enter.
- ER patients do not have to have their temperature taken when they enter the building. However, they must still be asked all of the screening questions before going to ER registration.
All patients for the Pediatric Clinic and Primary Care Clinic will be screened upon entry into the clinic. Pediatric patients will be allowed 1 adult who has passed screening requirements. Only cognitively or physically impaired adults will be allowed 1 visitor who has passed screening requirements.
Message from the CEO….
Wow! There are really no words to describe what has happened this spring that have not already been said. However, I want to focus on our staff and the amazing effort they put forth in serving the community. Our team showed up for work every day facing the unknown and ever-changing realities of COVID-19. They adapted to new protocols and implemented all the requirements by the federal government and the state quickly and efficiently. They did it through a massive team effort and all without compromising any care.
Please take some time to read over our newsletter…. Read More Here in our latest newsletter
Signs and Symptoms
What to do if you are sick
We Salute Our Healthcare Heros
We want our patients and the community to know that you have an amazing and dedicated Healthcare Team here to serve you at West Feliciana Hospital. We are very proud of our team members who remain on the front line even in the face of the current healthcare challenges, despite the risks. We appreciate their hard work and fearless dedication to our community. Be assured, we are here to see you through this coronavirus crisis.
The tremendous support from our community has been sincerely appreciated! The out-pour of supplies and food delivered by local business has been incredibly helpful and a huge lift to spirits! A few pictures and acknowledgements are below.
PPE & Other Items
Food for Staff Donated or Provided through Parish Program
Patients with outstanding bills can pay online at www.wfph.org or mailing payment to:
West Feliciana Hospital
PO Box 368
St. Francisville, LA 70775