Update: 7/2/2020 – What can I expect if I need to visit the hospital?
Due to infection concerns…
• We are directing everyone through a single entrance to the hospital—through the Emergency Department.
• Everyone entering campus buildings will continue to be screened for fever and symptoms and must wear a mask at all times inside buildings.
• Visitors must be 18 or older.
Emergency Department & Outpatient:
• Minor children and adults who need assistance are allowed 1 visitor.
• All others are allowed 1 adult visitor in the Emergency Department waiting room or front lobby areas while adhering to social distancing.
COVID-19 Positive & Suspected COVID-19 Posit Inpatients:
• NO Visitors.
Skilled & Hospice Inpatients:
• NO Visitors at this time.
• Only one ADULT visitor per patient.
• Visitation hours are 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Visitors must remain in the patient’s room and wear a mask at all times.
• If you do not have a mask, one will be provided at the entrance.
West Feliciana Hospital is committed to providing care to our community and is continuously monitoring guidelines related to the Coronavirus. To aid in the containment and mitigation of the virus, West Feliciana Hospital is encouraging the community to follow CDC recommendations to aid in the prevention of a major outbreak. Visit the State Department of Health website or the CDC at coronavirus.gov for the most current information.
Finally, if someone does come in as a suspected COVID admit we have a separate, isolated hallway established for them, as well as separate staff to care for these patients to prevent cross-contamination to our other patients.
On the isolation hall, we also have negative pressure rooms established for high-risk procedures on COVID positive patients and those on ventilators so they can get the treatment they need, while keeping others safe.
Message from the CEO….
Wow! There are really no words to describe what has happened this spring that have not already been said. However, I want to focus on our staff and the amazing effort they put forth in serving the community. Our team showed up for work every day facing the unknown and ever-changing realities of COVID-19. They adapted to new protocols and implemented all the requirements by the federal government and the state quickly and efficiently. They did it through a massive team effort and all without compromising any care.
Please take some time to read over our newsletter…. Read More Here in our latest newsletter
Signs and Symptoms
What to do if you are sick
We Salute Our Healthcare Heros
We want our patients and the community to know that you have an amazing and dedicated Healthcare Team here to serve you at West Feliciana Hospital. We are very proud of our team members who remain on the front line even in the face of the current healthcare challenges, despite the risks. We appreciate their hard work and fearless dedication to our community. Be assured, we are here to see you through this coronavirus crisis.
The tremendous support from our community has been sincerely appreciated! The out-pour of supplies and food delivered by local business has been incredibly helpful and a huge lift to spirits! A few pictures and acknowledgements are below.
PPE & Other Items
Food for Staff Donated or Provided through Parish Program
Patients with outstanding bills can pay online at www.wfph.org or mailing payment to:
West Feliciana Hospital
PO Box 368
St. Francisville, LA 70775