Keep current on Local COVID Vaccine Information.
You can stay current on local COVID vaccine information by checking this page regularly. The COVID vaccine is currently available through local pharmacies. For the latest information on the guidelines we are following, click here for the Louisiana Department of Health Vaccine Information page.
A Community Effort!
We are currently administering COVID-19 vaccines to the community on a limited basis according to availability and CDC prioritization. In coordination with local primary care providers and parish entities we have developed a public distribution plan. Our plan is based on federal and state government protocols. The plan is currently in place and ready for immediate implementation. This is dependent upon the availability of vaccines supplied for public distribution. Through this community effort, we are committed to administering the vaccines as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Steps in the process.
If you meet tier 1 guidelines:
- Contact your local primary care doctor to be added to their list.
- Your local primary care provider will schedule your appointment and communicate date/time etc. to you.
- If you do not have a primary care provider in the parish and you are a resident, you can contact West Feliciana Hospital directly. Call 225-784-3468. Leave your name and return phone number. State the reason for calling is to be put on the COVID vaccine list.
- Please only add your name to one list. This will assist in a smoother scheduling process and less confusion.
- After scheduling, your vaccine will be administered at West Feliciana Hospital. Pharmacy scheduled vaccines are administered at the pharmacy.